News and Public Notices

Stay informed with the latest news and public notices crucial to the Barnwell community, all in one place.

Development Permits

As we are all spending so much more time at home, a lot of us are doing some home improvements or making plans for renovations. You should be aware that if you are planning on adding a shed or deck or addition to your property, you will need to apply for a Development Permit with the Village of Barnwell. Any accessory building that is over 100 square feet requires a permit. If you want to add more than one accessory building you will need a permit. If you have already built or added these structures, you still need to get a permit. You can refer to the Land Use Bylaw No. 01-19 to make sure your plans meet the requirements of the Village bylaw. Any further questions can be directed to the Village Office for further clarification.